Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gear Collection

Yesterday I was able to nail down some hard details about my trip. I spoke with the National Geographic Videographer I would be working with, Greg Marshall , and found out the purpose of our little adventure (we will be telling the story of how scientist recapture bears that have already be radio tagged, and how that data is analyzed and used). I also booked my very long, very expensive plane ticket that connects twice, once in Seattle, once in Anchorage, before finally touching down in Barrow, Alaska. In addition, and perhaps most importantly, I learned what gear I needed to bring for the trip. I purchased these beauts. for a pretty penny from REI today. I also snagged three layers of gloves, to keep my digits from falling off, boot socks, long johns, and not one but two hats with ear flaps (you could never be to careful). I would complain, but how can you complain about buying gear for a trip of a life time. Plus there is an unforeseen bonus of buying all this, you get to tell everyone in the store that you are going to the North Pole to film polar bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment